Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and More

Christmas seems to have snuck up on us this year. With our trip to California, and the surprising lack of snow (but no lack of cold temperatures) I still felt like I had a lot of time to get things together. Then Amy mentioned in her blog that we only had 9 more sleeps... WHAT! Needless to say, I did some shopping on the 23rd, and we relied on Matt's parents for the Christmas baking... I'll plan better next year! On Christmas day we had breakfast and opened presents as a family, and then headed over to Matt's parents to do gifts with the rest of the family in Vernon. Here are some pictures of our last few weeks!

Bella helping Daddy water the plants

She LOVES oranges. LOVES them.

She found our stash

Christmas morning!

Bella loved ripping the wrapping paper. I had flashbacks of Liam on his first Christmas! :)

Reading a book from Nana and Papa (I love her Christmas present pjs)

Opening a book of a whole bunch of Jan Brett stories. I might have to keep these for myself...

RIP!

You can't get any cuter than this

Reading a book from Toby and Asher

Thank you David and Kristi!!

Playing in the mess

Opening her stocking

Matt opening his stocking

A book for the bathtub!

Our best present

Cruising around Omi and Opa's

Petting the HUGE dog. Bella loves dogs!


Helping Daddy play with one of his Christmas presents

Bella LOVES to dance, and does her moves every time music comes on!

Bella booking it across the room... yes, it's sideways, sorry

Jump Jump Soccer!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting so many pictures!! They are SUPER!!! Bella is going to be running in no time....forget the walking! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas. I'd say that Bella LOVES books....even one for the bath...that is amazing! Reading books has so many incredible benefits. Miss you all. Would love to hear you play your guitar, Matt. Love, Mom/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!!!! The pictures are always SO much fun to see!!!! You have had a busy Nov. and Dec. I can't believe how much Bella is growing and those moves on the video are hilarious!!!! It started snowing here this afternoon and is still snowing. Not expecting much, but it was just in time to put the area into hysteria--as no one was expecting it to come this far west and traffic is backed up to Salem on I-5. Hope you get snow soon! Anxious to see how Bella does on the showboard :) Love, A. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! You guys look amazing and I still think you have the most beautiful little girl, my niece. :) And pretty soon there will be two!!!
    Thank you for putting up the pictures, it is so great to see you guys. I am going to have to tell David to make sure to look at your blog the next time he is in port. He will be so proud of those soccer skills!
    Love you all and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Christmas pics! The other day Asher said, "I love everyone in my family. Even Bella." (But when he said her name it sounded more like Bewa.) It was so cute and made us miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2nd picture - Don't you know you're not supposed to feed babies citrus until 1 year?? Just kidding. I like to give you a hard time!

    3rd picture - Why is your microwave inside a cupboard??

    4th picture - Was the family pic taken at your place? I can't picture it/imagine where the tree was in your room. I'm confused.

    9th picture - My favourite. Such huge eyes! When are you bringing her out to see us??

    12th picture - This one totally reminds me of the ones of Liam's first Christmas, surrounded by wrapping paper.

    19th picture - A guitar??? Are you two going to start A BAND?! Cause you, like, play the guitar, too... right Sara? ;)

    And, geez, post a few pictures with your next post, eh?

    ReplyDelete