Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Steps

Ok, the video is still in the works. Isabella is seriously distracted by any kind of camera pointed her way, or else we try and get it right before she goes to bed when she is in NO MOOD to perform.

But she's getting good!

Today I left her standing at our couch and went to get her breakfast. All of a sudden I hear what I think is the sound of her hands slapping the floor as she crawls over. I turn to look, and she is already HALF WAY ACROSS THE KITCHEN. From our couch!! Those of you who know our place realize what I'm saying here... she walked 15-20 feet by herself, AND turned at least one corner to come into the kitchen (may have been more if she walked around the chair too). WHAT??!! She would have gone further, but I panicked (since she was now walking on tile, and I wasn't close enough to catch her if she face planted), and ran to pick her up. She practically runs when she "walks". Maybe she got that from her Uncle Peter?

Next thing I know I'll walk in to find her reading books out loud to herself...

Video to come SOON. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. You keep mentioning this elusive video. I think you're just a big tease! Andrew's figured out how to pull himself up onto the seat of Liam's desk and I'm just dreading the day he figures out he can climb onto the kitchen chairs... and then the table. Life as I know it will end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep....I've waiting for this video too. Think I'll try getting on Skype and maybe I can see her there. Amy is right...climbing comes next...watch out!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you may need several people: 1 to video, 1 to coax her to walk, and 1 to walk to a the rest to cheer her on!!!!! We are anxious to see this, beings we can not be there! Hugs, A. Dianne

    ReplyDelete