Sunday, March 15, 2009

Doctor's appointments and Week 38 picture... a little late

Last Saturday Matt and I had our day of prenatal classes, where we got to watch some fun movies and hear about all we have to look forward to whenever our child decides to make her big debut. I'm not sure where they come up with some of these words having to do with pregnancy and child-birth. Really. I would think they'd try and make it sound a bit more glamorous. We were encouraged to try out a bunch of different positions for contractions... all of which included Matt massaging my back. Maybe this won't be so bad after all?? I've let him know we'll have to keep practicing that part.

Well, we DID take pictures last Monday, and were planning on uploading them that Tuesday, but we both got incredibly sick with who knows what kind of flu/cold/kill-me-now bug. Today is the first day since Tuesday that I've had enough energy to make it through eating a full meal, and Matt's been feeling pretty close to the same. I just have to say I'm glad I didn't go into labor while feeling like that! I would definitely have had to have a c-section at that point, because there is no way I would have been able to push for longer than 20 seconds.

Thursday we both dragged ourselves into the doctor's office for the weekly checkup... and our baby is finally starting to cooperate! She hasn't dropped yet, but she's head down now. I have to admit that a c-section was looking ideal at first, but after really looking into it, I'm glad we won't have to go that way. Apparently I have no more room in there. It is all baby from as low as you can go to right up under my ribs, and all the way on both sides. According the doctor that should make things progress faster, since there's not really anywhere else for her to go. As the day gets closer I'm not sure whether to tell her to hurry up and come, or stay in a while longer until I feel ready!

So, without further ado, the picture from LAST Monday has been added to the reel of pictures in the blog below (there will be another one being loaded up tomorrow or Tuesday... unless something else comes up).

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a crummy week guys, but glad to hear that you're feeling better and that baby girl is head down. I didn't want to scare you about a c-section, but you really DON'T want one. Really.

    Check out this youtube video of a friend of mine in Utah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriqhDFo088

    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

    Birth hurts, but it's wonderful and empowering too.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you are so close to delivery. I remember getting nervous when I didn't feel much movement towards the end. Glad all is well and you are over the flu and on maternity leave. We will be so excited to hear the news when baby girl is finally here! I'll be praying for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete